Monday, July 29, 2013

Other UK


In the Words of Other UK...
We are the rule breakers & thought provokers, Outcasts & Innovators
We are the original & the unorthodox
We are the box on the form for the answer that wasn't anticipated
We are those that refuse to stand inline & that don't fit the mold.
We defy stereotypes & push boundaries
We are the unexpected
We are the Others

Be original be OTHER; 
Other is an Independent streetwear & lifestyle brand looking to bend the rules & push boundaries. Mixing trends & innovative designs with the highest quality apparel.

A bit about the brand...
Other UK clothing was launched in October 2012- when I found out that it had been launched less than a year ago I was extremely surprised as it is a very well established street wear brand and has developed and progressed greatly in the last 10 months.
The brand was created in Cardiff, Wales and founded by 3 people, Nick, Mia and Nathan. 
The brand name 'Other' is named after the box that states 'other' on forms, wanting to inspire people to take the 'other' option and be different by buying their street wear brand. Other UK offers another option for people that are wanting to be original and part of the 'other'. 
Other UK has boomed in popularity with their consumer market growing by the days, with much of their stock online being labelled as 'sold out'. Other UK are currently planning their 5th collection for Autumn 13 and are also in talks with P Money about a collaboration collection which will hopefully be hitting the web.
Other UK has been seen on artist such as JLS, Young O, Lady Leshur, Shystie, Manga (Roll Deep), P Money and Leigh-Anne (Little Mix).

A bit more personal...
I was first introduced to the brand about 4 months ago when a fellow colleague of mine started doing some promotional work for the brand so I thought that I would check it out and see what it was all about. When I heard that their Summer 2013 collection was due out I was soon counting down the days for it to be released; below I have done a brief analysis on a few of their Summer collection products.
I was very impressed with the collection, however a majority of their products including most of their sweaters and tee are black on black or black and white however they have recently added a Cheetah Authentic Basketball Jersey £75 which is completely different in terms of their previous Jersey designs. 

Like most streetwear brands Other UK also do a number of different designed beanies that come in khaki, maroon, grey and red. With Leather being a huge phase at the moment, Other UK have also latched onto this providing leather vests and jumpers for consumers; I am also a huge love of these too! Although a little hot to be wearing in these baking days we have been blessed with at the moment.


If you are as huge fan of the bandana print as I am at the moment but are finding parting with $150 for a newly designed bandana tee by Rhuigi Villasenor (brand Rhude) then grab yourself an Other UK tee instead about your only be out of pocket by £35! 



My favourite item from this collection is definitely the Rose Tee £35, as soon as I saw it I completely fell in love with the print and with the amount of black on black I wear at the moment I thought it would be a great alternative to add to my cupboard.

I am a regular viewer of the website and a follower of their Twitter and Instagram pages, check it out!

Instagram: OTHERUK,  NICKYOTHER
Twitter: OtherUK
Website: www.otheruk.com

Peace and Love
G. x




1 comment:

Let me know what you think!