Monday, January 27, 2014

January Beauty Haul

This haul is from January (I know it's a few days late) but I just haven't had a chance to sit down and blog recently. So in the month of January I bought myself a number of new beauty products and also rebought some of my all time favourites which I wanted to share with you all. I got them all at my local drug store either Superdrug or Boots, they were all on special offer at the time and that is probably why I went a little bit crazy. 



St Ives; Invigorating 
I absolutely love this face scrub and it always leaves my face feeling fresh and glowing without fail. There are a number of different variations of the product, all with element to either exfoliate, renew and firm or help with blackheads and blemishes. My favourite is the St Ives; Invigorating, the small apricot particles rubs against your face, deep cleansing and exfoliating removing dull, dead skin cells to instantly reveal smooth, soft and radiant skin. I got this product from Boots it is one of my more expensive beauty products that I own costing £4.29, however I love the feel of my skin after I have used it that I think it is definitely worth the money. One thing that I was gutted about after I had bought it from Boots I then popped into Superdrug and  found out that it was on offer for 1/2 price in there! I was so tempted to return my Boots one but I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle, but now I know to always check Superdrug first! 


Freederm: Gel
When I was 13/14 I suffered with pretty bad acne on my forehead, of course one of the reason for this was because I was going through puberty and all of those other normal bodily changes but also I partly blame it on the fact I used foundation at such a young age. I used to cover my face in Miss Sporty liquid foundation and it distroyed my youthful skin. I used different clearasil products but none do them seemed to do the job, then my mum found a new product called 'freederm' although they now do lots of different products the one that I used was a gel, it is quite expensive with it costing £9.69 for a 25g tube. The treatment is designed to be an anti inflammatory for spots, the ingredient nicotinamide that it contains is clinically proved to help with this. 

I used the gel every night for probably about 3 months and it helped my skin a lot, not only did the gel help to get rid of the spot but also helped with any scars that were left on my forehead. I recently came across this product again, it was on offer in Superdrug and therefore I thought that I would get it as although luckily I have grown out of getting clusters of spots (touch wood) I do still get the occasional one or two spots and Freederm is the best and fastest treatment that I know to eliminates those annoying buggers.



Simples Eye Make up remover 
I am pretty lazy when it comes to taking off my make up at night, however it is my golden rule to make sure that I remove it before I goto bed, no matter how intoxicated I am after a night out. I normally just use a baby lotion and cotton pads to remove my make up, although this does make my skin feel a little bit oily, I always rinse my face with clean water and then use toner and cleanser afterwards. My mum is alway telling me to be more gentle with my skin, especially my eyes; under your eyes (bags) and your eyelids as this are where your skin is the thinnest on your face and therefore prone to wrinkles and those dreaded spider legs creases by the sides of your eyes. Anyways when I was in Superdrug I saw that 'Simples' had most of their products on promotional and one that caught my tee was the Simples make up remover, I can't remember the price of it at the moment but I think on offer it was just under £2. I first used it after a night out when I wear a lot more eyeshadow, mascara! eye liner etc than normal. Although it does make my eyes feel a little bit oily, the substance makes my mascara slide off easily and allowing me not to wake up with panda eyes in the morning. Again I always wash my face after with clean warm water to get rid of any substance that remains. 



TRESemme; salon touchable feel- ultra fine hairspray
I'm not really a huge hairspray users, again I only mainly use it on a night out to set my hair so I don't turn up to the club with the wind swept look! I only really bought it as it was on offer, 2 for £7, and considering the bottle is the biggest you can get is I thought it was a pretty good deal. The other one I gave to my boyfriend as a stocking filler, so he won't ask to borrow mine everyday, he uses more hairspray than me! The hairspray is ultra fine and therefore doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or heavy filled with hair product. TRESemme are definitely one of the best and there products never seem to let me down. 



 Baby lips- 
I am a huge fan of Baby Lips and I just can't get enough of it, I have even got a load of my friends into it! I already had the Cherry Lip which has a slight tint to it. Although I really like it as it means if I don't want to put on lippy the balm still gives me some colour, I wanted a balm that I could wear over any of my lipsticks and it not affect the colour of it. So I decided to go for 'Intense Care' instead and it works wonders leaving my lip moistured for hours. If you haven't got a baby lips make sure you get on the bandwagon ASAP! 


Anyways my lovely bloggers, I hope you have gained a little insight into some of my latest beauty product buys. I'm always looking for a bargain! 

Peace & Love
G. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!